FINALLY! "Bernie" is a movie worth watching

Bernie (9) got me back to the theater. Glad I went (for a change.)

Sunday, January 9, 2011

True Grit (Guest Reviewed by Matineeidle's DIL)


Rating: 7
Genre: Drama/Western
Starring: Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, Hailee Steinfeld

Since I did not see the original, I have nothing to compare this to, but this was a good movie that held our interest to the end. However, it would have benefitted from subtitles...Jeff Bridges was excellent in this role, but often hard to understand. The real star of this show is unknown Hailee Steinfeld, who steals most of her scenes with her sharp wit and quick tongue. She is a smart one.

The end turned a little "hokey" in my book and the bad effects in the end detracted from the overall appeal; I liked other movies this holiday season, still a good film that earned a solid "7."

(Written by the Matineeidle's daughter in law)

No comments: